Nintendo Has Big Plans For NYCC 2013
It’s the moooost wonderful tiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeear.
That’s right my fellow NYC area geeks! The 2013 New York Comic Convention is right around the corner and Nintendo is already dropping the bomb on what they’ve planned.
By now we all know that NYCC is a big launchpad for the gaming industry leading up to the holiday season. Last year, Nintendo was all about promoting launch games for their Wii U console as well as demonstrating great games for the 3DS. Well, this year is no exception and Nintendo is looking to make a big splash with one of their most anticipated gaming franchises, Zelda!
Eiji Aonuma, the producer of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Nintendo 3DS and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U, is hosting a speaking session to discuss the new Zelda games at the Con. Here’s a bit of info from the press release.
On Friday, Oct. 11, Mr. Aonuma will host a special speaking session focusing on the just-released The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD game for Wii U and the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game for Nintendo 3DS. The event will take place in room 1A06 at 2:45 p.m. ET and is open to all New York Comic Con attendees on a first-come, first-served basis.
As usual, Nintendo will have a major pressence on the show floor with booths containing playable demos of unreleased games and even some hands on time with their new Nintendo 2DS gaming tablet thingy! Here’s a listing of what will be playable:
• Super Mario 3D World from Nintendo
• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from Nintendo
• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD from Nintendo
• Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Nintendo
• Bayonetta 2 from Nintendo
• Sonic Lost World from SEGA
• Pokémon X and Pokémon Y from Nintendo
• The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds from Nintendo
• Mario Party: Island Tour from Nintendo
• Sonic Lost World from SEGA
• Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
• Skylanders SWAP Force from Activision Publishing
Nintendo will also have a room that will house a number of free play games and tournaments from their Virtual Console. Here’s a listing of what is in store there to get your hands on:
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes
- BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games
- Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut from Toxic Games
- Shovel Knight from Yacht Club Games
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse from WayForward
- Retro City Rampage from Vblank Entertainment
- SteamWorld Dig from Image & Form
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies from Capcom
To finish things off, on the last day of NYCC, Kid’s day, Nintendo will have an event focusing on their 2DS hardware.
On Sunday, Oct. 13 – Kid’s Day at New York Comic Con – some of Nintendo’s youngest fans will be happy to take part in a wide variety of kid-friendly activities for the new Nintendo 2DS hand-held system, including taking photos with a Mario costume character in a holiday-themed setting and speaking with Mario himself through the “Mario in Real-Time” service. Attendees that sample Nintendo 2DS on Oct. 13 will also receive an exclusive cinch-bag featuring artwork from both The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour (while supplies last).
The New York Comic Convention is held at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan. It runs from Oct. 10th through 13th and certainly will be the place to be for everything comic, gaming, TV, and movie related! Stay tuned for more announcements!