10 PICTURES THAT PERFECTLY CAPTURED THE 80S
(previously published on BlackNerdGirls.com)
So there is this website called BuzzFeed.com that posted an article called 48 Pictures That Perfectly Captured the 90s. The pictures and captions for each are hilarious and totally brought me back down to memory lane. You may want to take a look at the link for the article first before reading below.
1. The off-the-shoulder look
2. Hot Pink Jellies!
4. C Thomas Howell playing a white guy who clearly looks like a white guy pretending to be a black guy inSoul Man
5. Alfonso Ribeiro Moonwalking with Michael Jackson
6. Bamboo Earrings (we all had a pair).
7. Rae Dawn Chong in like every single movie that decade.
8. Black Girls with Gumby haircuts
9. This music video among countless others that thought using a fog machine in a video was cool.
10. The obligatory Debbie Gibson/Tiffany-friendly photos that surfaced after their “alleged” feud.
Jamie Broadnax is the writer and creator of the niche blogsite for nerdy women of color called Black Girl Nerds. Jamie has written for Madame Noire, AfroPunk, and is the VP of Digital for the online publishing hub the She Thrives Network.