2014 Grammy Awards: Top 10 Moments
From the incredible performances, to the fashions, to the acceptance speeches, to Macklemore winning most of the Hip-Hop awards, to the awkward moments and pauses…to Beyonce, this year’s Grammy Awards was was pretty darn cool; and now that Grammy weekend is officially over, I’ve had the chance to digest and re-digest a few of my favorite moments from music’s biggest night!
1) Beyonce & Jay Z’s opening performance of “Drunk in Love”. This one was probably a no brainer. Sans the legion of background dancers and catchy dance moves, this performance was pretty cool and was a great first performance of the new single “Drunk in Love,” which sits pretty at No. 1 on Billboards R&B/Hip-Hop Charts! Check it out.
2) Lorde’s performance of her Grammy winning song “Royals.”
3) P!nk & her cirque du soleil-esque performance of “Try” & “Just Give Me a Reason”! Although it was an updated version of her 2010 performance, it was quite exciting nonetheless. P.S.– P!nk is pretty strong and extremely flexible!
4) Jay Z wins new ‘gold sippy cup’ for Blue Ivy!
5) The look on Lorde’s face when she realized she won the Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance for “Royals”.
6) Beyonce…(don’t act like you didn’t see this one coming.)
7) It’s no secret that Kendrick Lamar had one of the best Rap albums last year and I think he deserved a ‘gold sippy cup’ of his own. Although he walked away empty handed at this year’s ceremony, he and Imagine Dragons put on one heck of a performance!
8) Pharrell’s Hat, the reaction on Beyonce’s face when she saw Pharrell (and his hat) and Pharrell’s performance of “Get Lucky” with Stevie Wonder and Daft Punk.
9) John Legend’s ode to his beautiful wife Chrissy Tiegen–Legend (haha)! With 9 Grammy’s under his belt to date, this guy can basically do what he wants. A good song and finely tuned Steinway never goes out of style. Check out his moving performance of “All of Me”!
10) Last, but certainly not least, is Taylor Swift’s head-bopping performance of “All Too Well”!
11) Alright, those are my top 10 moments, BUT here’s a bonus moment that you didn’t see aired! One of Heed’s favorite gospel artists snagged not 1, but 2 Grammy Awards for his latest album “Greater Than”. Tye Tribbett picked up the award for Best Gospel Album for “Greater Than” and Best Gospel Song for his hit single “If He Did It Before (Same God)”! While we didn’t see this portion during the live ceremony, it was definitely a highlight moment, as this is Tye’s first win and he definitely won big!
Now go check out our exclusive interview with an artist who is sure to pick up a few Grammy’s of his own in the future, Daley! And after you do that, listen to “Distance“, the latest track from the always incredible, Emily King!