Newegg Releases Game Coverage Site GameCrate.com
Tech and gaming retailer Newegg.com has up’d their dedication the gaming community by releasing their new website Gamecrate.com. The plan is for this site to be their hub to cover gaming news and live events as they relate to gaming tournaments, conventions, and other events.
“Gamers represent a significant and very active segment of our customer base. GameCrate gives these tech-‐savvy individuals a place where they can stay current on gaming news and voice their opinions,” said Soren Mills, Chief Marketing Officer for Newegg North America. “We want to be more than a shopping destination for our customers and GameCrate is an innovative addition to our community.”
The site shall include the following:
• News & reviews featuring the latest games, consoles, PCs and accessories
• Live coverage of e-‐Sports events, including expert-‐written editorial and video analysis
• Professional advice and opinions focused on the world of hardware and technology
• Original video content and trailers from the latest games
• An intuitive forum that allows readers to join the discussion
• Exclusive deals and promotions on the latest gaming gear
Newegg.com is just a great place for gaming deals so this is definitely a natural fit. It is interesting that they will have a full editorial staff and more to cover live events and attempt to tackle the big wigs like IGN.com, Gamespot.com, and the like. Gamestop.com has their Gameinformer.com site and publication that is linked to their gaming subscription. Bestbuy.com has theirs as well so this move it definitely a natural one. We’ll see how good the content is!