5 Reasons to put down the turkey and go see CREED
1. Michael B Jordan undeniably hit the gym hard for his role as Adonis. The many boxing conditioning scenes in this film will motivate anyone to NOT go back to their Thanksgiving spread for a second, third or fourth serving.
2. After sitting around and staring at your aunt and cousins you haven’t seen since Pookie’s graduation, you owe it to your eyes to rest on the beautiful Tessa Thompson as she delivers an authentic portrayal of a burgeoning Philly music artist.
3. Who said Sly still didn’t have it? Affectionately referred to as “Unc” by Adonis in the movie, Mr. Stallone validates the spirit of Rocky in Creed. Somehow it fits perfectly within this iconic film franchise.
4. Thanksgiving is all about family time and you can’t think ‘family’ without the Cosby Show coming to mind – A perfect segway for Ms. Phylicia Rashad as Adonis Creed’s “mom”. Oh how we missed this symbol of Thursday night television royalty.
5. Creed is a great film overall with the right amount of action, engaging cinematography and a robust plot balanced with the blood and glory we’ve all come to expect from a boxing centric blockbuster. This was an awesome directorial debut by a young Oakland based screenwriter Ryan Coogler.
For more, check out the official CREED social media platforms: