Last night Verizon, Kevin Liles and London on da Track teamed up to kickoff the second installment of their #FreeStyle50 Challenge. The exclusive, star-studded event in New York City’s Marquee nightclub featured celebrities and industry icons alike including performances by hiphop icon Busta Rhymes and Detroit’s own, Tee Grizzley.
The #freestyle50 challenge, a national talent competition in search of the next voice of hip-hop, represents the culture in its purest form – an authentic self-expression that achieves a universal truth. This unique competition will award one grand prize winner a single record deal with Liles’ 300 Entertainment – where their debut song will be produced by London On Da Track, $10,000 and an opening for a 300 Entertainment artist. The competition celebrates the roots of hip hop and the evolution of culture. The creators want to discover that one artist who has the potential to be a new voice for hip hop.
Header Image Photo Credit: Malik Frances @jeelego
Gallery Photo Credits:
- Malik Frances
- AVMG Music
- 300 Entertainment
Think you have what it takes? Here’s how to enter:
- Post a video of yourself freestyling to Tee Grizzley’s “No Effort” instrumental on Twitter or Instagram.
- Use the hashtag #freestyle50challenge and tag @Verizon. Deadline for entry is August 4.
- The nation’s top eight freestylers will have the opportunity to battle it out at a live #freestyle50 cypher event in Los Angeles.
- A single record deal with 300 Entertainment produced by London on da Track
- $10,000 cash
- The chance to open for a 300 Entertainment artist on tour
Time left to enter the challenge:
Post your video to Twitter and Instagram before 11:59 pm ET Friday, August 4.
Don’t forget to tag #freestyle50challenge and mention @verizon.
- Performances will be judged based on lyricism, creativity, originality and flow.
- Only one person per video.
- Keep it clean – no profanity.
Learn more about #freestyle50 by visiting: http://verizon.com/about/freestyle50challenge
Social Media highlights from last night’s NYC kickoff at the Marquee
We’re at tonight’s biggest night of hip-hop for the launch of the #freestyle50 challenge! @300Ent @verizon” www.GreatestEnt.com for your latest Entertainment News,Celeb/Trending,Events,Film,Sports,Fashion Follow GREATEST ENTERTAINMENT GROUP www.GreatestEnt.com @greatestentertainmentgroup @bluelightingstudios @bodybangerzz @valueourlives @ggraphix_designs @aprilpstylist @smile_with_youreyes @mspenny33 #GEG #GreatImages #GreatestEnt #GgraphixDesigns #GreatestEntertainment #BlueLightingStudios #Press #MediaCoverage #RedCarpet #BehindTheScenes #VideoShoot #Talent #Bookings #Hosting #PhotoShoots #PR #Music #Fashion #Films #Celebrity #Bloggers #PhotoJournalist #Writers #Reporter #Media #thegreatest #greatestentertainmentmusic #greatestentertainmentimages
A post shared by Greatest Entertainment Group (@greatestentertainmentgroup) on